We were one of the first Minecraft minigame networks to ever exist, and we're still going strong in 2020!
Hive Games runs two Minecraft networks, for both the Java and Bedrock editions of the game. Our Bedrock network is an official Minecraft partnered network, and currently the leading (in DAU) server on the platform.
On our Java network, we serve over half a million players a month, with a total unique count of nearly 12 million players.
Think you would be a good fit for the team? Check out the positions we're currently hiring for below.
To apply, please send your CV and relevant code-samples to
Minigame Developer (Java)
Hive Games or The Hive is looking for a part-time minigame developer to join our Java Edition team. With our entire rewrite just around the corner, we're looking to expand our team to help us make brand new games, update current games and of course, fix bugs and issues that may come up.Requirements
- At least one year of experience with the Bukkit/Spigot API
- Demonstrable code/plugins that you have worked on or created - this would be super appreciated! We'll never run or compile any code; it just helps us identify people quicker
- Enjoy working in a growing, fast-paced team environment
- Able to take feedback, understanding the goal is always to make the best possible experience for our players
- Minimum of 18 years old
Not required, but still a plus
- Experience with NMS and packet-level code
- Experience with adding, modifying and improving core server components
- The ability to come up with new and creative ideas in all areas of work, or build on and expand on existing ideas/projects
- Live in the UK or another European country (really not a requirement! A majority of our team is here though)
If you're interested, please email [email protected] with your CV and any examples of past work.