The Hive rules are based around common sense and fairness. This page documents the most common rules.
This page is not intended to be a full and final list of every existing rule and possible case. The staff team reserves the right to judge each case individually and punish or forgive at their discretion. These rules apply to all areas including Discord and Teamspeak (where applicable)
The use of any client modification that gives any benefit to you that a vanilla client does not have is against the rules. That said, we have a few exceptions to specific mods, more info can be found
Usage of chat:
Keep the chat PG-13 at all times. Be nice, be civil. This means:
- No swearing
- No racism, xenophobia, homophobia, or anything like it
- No spamming
- No arguing
- No unnecessary use of uppercase
- No trolling or any form of intentionally misleading other users
- No advertising (that includes other servers)
- An exception to this is self-promoting Twitch or YouTube channels when they create Hive content
- Note: Self-promotion is limited to once every 30 minutes. Please do not spam advertise
Clarifications on what IS allowed:
- Roleplay that is appropriate
- Talking in any language
Play fairly. So don't:
- Abuse glitches in the game or in the client
- Team with other players that aren't in your team
- Intentionally obstruct or sabotage your own team
- If you're eliminated - don't help people that are still alive
- Knowingly team or party with a player using forbidden client modifications
- Intentionally hold up the game for no reason
- Use an inappropriate skin, cape, or any other cosmetic
- Break the Minecraft EULA (found here)
- Create inappropriate drawings or buildings
- Intentionally target specific players, over multiple games
It is not against the rules to be bad at the game.
Additionally, the following rule(s) apply specifically to Trouble in Mineville:
- Do not “RDM” - this is when a player randomly attacks and/or kills another player or detective without any reason to kill them. Suspecting that a user may own traitor passes is not a legitimate reason to kill them.
- Do not "karma bait" - this is when an innocent player pretends to be a traitor, with the intention of making somebody lose karma by killing them.
- RDM is also when a Traitor kills a fellow traitor or a detective killing another detective.
- We added the testers for a reason, you don't have to instantly use them, but if you are asked clearly and you just run away, or refuse to test, then you are looking like a traitor.
Additionally, the following rule(s) apply specifically to Survival Games 2:
- Teams cannot exceed 2 players.
Forum Specific Rules
- Bump excessively (more than once every 24 hours)
- Necropost (reply to old, inactive threads)
- Double post (we have an edit button)
- Post threads or posts exclusively to increase your post count
- Create alt accounts in an attempt to avoid a ban
- Create threads that are very similar to or that have the same purpose as ones that already exist